We are currently accepting Grant Applications for the Community Services Recovery Fund
- Learn More about how to apply here
- Please contact Sarah Ingram –email@example.com directly for funding inquires.
The Barrie Community Foundation is a public foundation that builds and manages endowment funds to support charitable activities in the City of Barrie and area. A donation, large or small, will make a difference, now and forever.
Grant Application Guidelines
- Location: Eligible projects must service the following areas: City of Barrie, Township of Essa, Town of Innisfil.
- Applicants: Eligible organizations must be “qualified donees” as defined by the Canada Revenue Agency.
- Projects: Funds must be used to service individuals, groups, events and projects, or for the purchase of goods and services, to be used within the geographic area specified above. Projects must be self-sustainable beyond the Foundation’s grant. Funding will not be provided for political parties or used for lobbying or other political activities or purposes.
Priority is given to projects that:
- meet a demonstrated need within the community
- demonstrate a new approach or complement existing services
- show a collaborative approach with community partners
- involve significant volunteer participation
- can access the necessary qualified human resources for implementation
- include a viable plan for continued maintenance or funding
- have a sound budget
The Grants Committee (comprised of volunteer members from the community) will review the application. Applicants may be requested to provide an on-site visit or interview, or to make a presentation to the committee.
A letter confirming acceptance or rejection of the application will be issued approximately one month following the deadline. NOTE: It is recommended that applicants discuss their project with the Barrie Community Foundation before submitting their application. How to Apply
Applicants should discuss their project with the BCF, complete the application form detailing the project and its budget, and include all requisite support material.
Applications may be sent by mail (150 Collier Street, Box 162, Barrie, ON L4M 4T2), or by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Barrie Community Foundation will prepare a Grant Recipient Agreement outlining terms and conditions. Upon execution of this Agreement, arrangements will be made for an awards presentation.
All applicants must submit a final report within six weeks of completion of the project, to include final project revenue and expense statements, an evaluation of the project’s outcomes and community benefits, and relevant stories or photographs.
Acknowledgement of Support
The BCF requires acknowledgement as a project partner through the methods outlined in the Grant Application. This may include:
- initial publicity of the project (press release or other announcements)
- ongoing publicity: the logogram noting the sponsorship of the BCF should appear in a prominent location on publications, signage, and publicity relating to this project.
Please review the application form carefully, and contact the Barrie Community Foundation with any questions.